Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Daigo Umehara interview; I can't let arcades completely disappear

Team Mad Catz Daigo Umehara interview by Yoon from SRK after the SF 25th GRAND FINALS tournament.

Here's some highlight of the interview:

- I can't just showcase a good game, but I have to play a GREAT game, which is entertaining and inspiring.

- Gunslinger Stratos is so new, yet filled with smart and fun elements that would even entertain hardcore gamers. We have not seen a game like this in many many years. I hope people outside of Japan get to play one day!

- I am here as a gamer today because of there was an arcade. I can’t just sit around and do nothing to let arcades completely disappear. I would be touring around local arcades outside of Tokyo, from the North to the South, namely, Nagoya, Osaka, Hiroshima and Fukuoka and play with the local players with a help of Taito Station. All the revenue from the events will be donated to purchase wheelchairs for NPO Borderless, a non-profit organization that assists handicapped people’s needs and advocates their fundamental rights, led by Osamu Ichikawa.

- Kuwait for its exotic nature. No other place I have ever visited is like Kuwait. And I so appreciated people’s extra warm hospitality.


Full interview from Shoryuken here.

Daigo Umehara will also attend the 2nd Stratos Party on January 12, 2013 together with Fuudo and Mago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.